LAST MILE OPTIMIZATION
A distribution company was looking for a step change in domestic transport execution, both in efficiency gains and in quality performance.
Undertake an in-depth study of planning, processing, performance, service level, infrastructure, transport partners and cost to serve.
Digitally map all metropolitan outlets
Revise drop practices that hold up vehicles
Analyse packaging volume/cost reduction opportunities
Apply automated routing to analyse and test fleet optimisation options:
- Restructuring of route boundaries
- Rescheduling of call frequencies
- Daily (pre-pick) automated route optimization
- 30% overall delivery cost reduction
- 99% P.O. fulfillment
- 45% reduction in delivery fleet/li>
- Immediate freeing up of funds for reinvestment in fleet quality
- Reinforced barrier-to-entry against potential competitors