EVENT FREIGHT LOGISTICS
A B2C mega event bookseller was seeking to dramatically increase the number of annual events - across 8 existing and 7 new countries. This required a major uplift in freight management capabilities – to prepare for controlled supply of diverse events, ensure on-time delivery & return plus cost optimization across all modes of transport deployed: sea, air, truck and train.
Research, prepare, budget, execute and report performance, catering for:
- Regulatory rules across 15 Asian & Middle East countries
- Duties, taxes and recoverables across books, toys & stationery product categories
- Event display equipment and POS devices as ATA Carnet or temporary export/import by sea & air
- Advance shipments for safety testing certification, press conferences & POS training
- Team training & development, process implementation, overseas agent partnership establishment
Establish inter-departmental integrated planning sessions to clarify responsibilities, agree ‘handshake’ processes and to reduce the number of ‘exceptions’ occurring.
- 100% on time delivery achieved for all events while handling 2x the volumes of previous year
- Establishment of new company wide processes implemented to facilitate handling of further growth