DISTRIBUTION REACH & COST-TO-SERVE UPGRADE
A leading manufacturer sought to extend their market reach by ensuring that they had visibility of the outlet universe and that their distributors had the means to service a greater number of retail outlets.
- Extensive mapping exercise, geo-coding, photographing, documenting and classifying of every retail outlet that could sell the manufacturer’s products
- Cross-referencing the list with distributors’ customer files to develop a ‘clean’ customer master file
- Cross-referencing the master file with sales records and apply optimisation tools to improve call frequencies, sales territories and delivery routes – one distributor at a time
- 15% increase in the number of outlets each distributor could serve – growing sales without any additional cost/effort incurred
- Sustainability as win for the manufacturer, a win for the distributor, a win for individual salesmen