Severe service collapse as a result of selecting a new 3PL based solely on price.
- Direct management control of warehouse and delivery operations (with deployment of an interim WMS)
- Sourcing, selection and contracting of alternative 3PLs in Singapore and Malaysia
- Rebalancing of inventory (reserves relocated to lower cost warehouses closer to their Malaysian source)
- Customer service performance back to pre-crisis levels within 3 weeks
- Reduced operating cost through improved storage logic
- 3PL contracts better aligned with business needs